Proteins, Vitamins, Fiber, Carbohydrates - all in one pot! How easy is that?
I was feeling a little lazy to cook during the weekend and since my toddler son prefers rice, I had decided on this simple, nutritious, one pot meal!
3 1/2 cups water to cook rice
1 cup chopped french beans and carrots
1 cup soya chunks (I use Nutrela)
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp red chillie powder (optional)
2 tsp pulav masala (homemade or store bought)
4 green chillies, slit lengthwise
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
4 cloves (lavang) coarse powder
a small sprig of stoneflower (optional)
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 curry leaves
1 tsp poppy seeds powder
- Soak soya chunks for 15 minutes, in hot water with a pinch of salt. (I normally put soya chunks in a bowl of salted water, microwave on high for 2 minutes) When they are soft, squeeze the water from the soya chunks and rinse them 2-3 times in fresh water. Squeeze excess water, set them aside.
- Start electric rice cooker on 'Cooking', add butter and oil. When hot, add the seasoning ingredients. Let fry for a minute
- Add chopped carrots, french beans, green chillies, turmeric and salt. Saute for a couple of minutes, cover and cook for 5 minutes
- Add washed soya chunks, red chillie powder, mix, cover cook for 5 more minutes
- Add washed rice and pulav masala powder. Mix well, let fry for 5 minutes
- Add water, adjust salt, cover and cook until done.