Sometimes we have a very small quantity of each vegetable and can't make good use of it. At such times, I like to incorporate one into another and make a fry or curry. This time it is beans and carrots! We can also add some lima beans or green peas; they would be a nice addition!
French beans - 1/2 cup, chopped
Carrots - 1/2 cup, chopped
Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Red chillie powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves with tender stems - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Oil - 1 tbsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Heat oil in a skillet and add seasoning of urad dal, cumin seeds, garlic and curry leaves.
- Add finely chopped onion, saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add chopped carrots and french beans, turmeric, salt. Mix, fry for 3 minutes, cover and cook until vegetables soften.
- Remove the lid, let fry for 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring in between.
- Stir in masala powder, red chillie powder, chopped coriander leaves. Mix and turn the heat off.
A nice side dish with sambar/rasam.