I normally use fresh methi leaves with aloo. This time I added kasoori methi (sundried fenugreek leaves) instead of fresh methi. Loved the aroma & flavour!
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wide skillet, add seasoning of 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, 1 1/2 tsp jeera, 2 garlic cloves (crushed) & curry leaves
- Immediately add finely chopped onion pieces (of 1 medium onion) Saute for a couple of minutes
- Add cubed potatoes (3 medium potatoes, skin peeled)
- Add turmeric & salt to taste, mix well. Cover and cook until potatoes soften
- I add some masala powder & red chillie powder, for some spice & heat.
- Lightly toss and sprinkle 2 tsp kasoori methi
A good side dish with samabar/rasam