4 hard-boiled eggs (peel the shell, set aside)
3 medium onions (finely chopped)
1/4 cup cashewnut pieces (halved and broken into pieces)
2 tbsp masala paste (make a paste of a small onion alongwith 1 tsp each of coriander seeds, fennel seeds, poppy seed powder, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4" piece of ginger and 3 garlic cloves)
3 cloves (lavang) - make a coarse powder
1 dried red chillie, broken into pieces
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
4 curry leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric
salt to taste
4 green chillies, slit lengthwise
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp milk
chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a saucepan, sprinkle some turmeric and fry the eggs until they turn golden yellow. Remove the eggs, make an incision and set aside.
- Lightly fry the cashewnuts, until they turn light brown, remove them and set aside.
- In the same oil, add seasoning of cloves, cumin seeds & red chillie. Add onion pieces, curry leaves and fry until the onion turns translucent.
- Add masala paste, green chillies, salt, turmeric - fry further until the paste loses its raw smell.
- Add fried eggs, cashewnuts, sprinkle some water, simmer, cover & cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add milk, mix & turn the stove off.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
Enjoy the curry with rice! (You can leave the eggs whole or halve them)